vrijdag 1 juni 2007

Day 2


This day i speak englisch.

First of all, first post is a mess. this one will only tell you in steps how i fixt my iMac , so lets start

1 I found out how this rare IDE cable most look like.

its an deafult ata IDE cable with 10 point more for the dvd player.
its like this


[##############] Mobo side
|||||||||||||||||||||
[##############] DVD
|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||||
[###########] IDE ATA (HD)

the extension is 5 points and 2 lines .. 10 pins total
as you can see the following picture, i used a normal IDE ata cable for the conection.
and an extra bit from another ide cable for the extra 10 pins.

WARNING, i had to remove a bit of plastic from 1 side of my IDE cables in order the will fit in place, use you damm empty brains and creativity to make it, i ony used this picture and my own peanut brain :-)

Under the power cable you see extension cable, ide was to long, i dont cut it, you coald, later I extended my Memory from 128 to 256 Mb,...

2 Booting up...


Now everything is in place lets turn it on again, Yea you ALWAYS turn of f the damm machien wile working inside of the mac.

When it booted it trow out a disk !!! FUN, i got my own CD with Mac os 9 !!!


Anyway, I put the disk back in and reset, and the disk booted.

3 Formatting and installing OS 9

Well, now it started up the disk I found out how to format the HD, created 2 partision (maybe a second one comes in handy sometime (osx somebody ?)) anyway, install OS9 ? GREAT yes, i like this 7.50 imac with free disk inside.

Instalation wass les than 30 minutes. and took less than 200 mb i think.

ass you can see, its FUn to wait with free stuff.
Remember, i have an xbox 360 standing next my mac. I played call of duty 3 wile waiting.






4 Finding a keybord and mouse

I had to wait till the volling day before i found out I coald hafe used an normal USB mouse and keybord. Just use your Windows PC keybord and mouse if you dont hafe mac, in the original Mac store the cheapest one is 31.95, i heard them say, Well you can also try your pc keyboard.

And it works ! so dont look to far for that. and if you are less luky than I , PLEASE remember, OS X only works on a sertant firmware version, and in order to upgrade your Firmware, you need OS9.1 !!! so you need to download OS 9.1 or hope your already on the right version.


Official website Apple

Wiki info
Goolge

Geen opmerkingen: